[Rd] make error for R 2.13.0 (and 2.12.0)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 22 21:16:57 CET 2010

Notes:

1) We cannot reproduce this on a Solaris system using gcc/g77 3.4.6.
(Doubled underscores are generated there by g77 and handled correctly
in R.)  So whatever the issue really is, it is not simply that 'this
code no longer compiles properly with g77'.

2) Package cluster has since been updated not to use underscores, so
simply trying an R-patched tarball should solve the issue.

There may be other packages with Fortran code and underscores, so it
would be helpful if someone with evidence of the problem could produce
an accurate analysis and patch.