[Rd] How to call R from C

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 13:23:44 CET 2010

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, Wonjae Lee wrote:

> Thank you!
>
> I tried to build a C code below, and I got a error message.

How?: you have not shown us the commands you used.

At a guess you are
on Windows and didn't tell us (see the posting quide)
using MSVC (not supported but may work -- just don't ask us for help)
not linking against R.dll.

There are examples in the tests/Embedding directory of the R sources
-- and they do work on Windows.