[Rd] Scripting SVG with R

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Wed Oct 13 17:30:48 CEST 2010

Since now many browsers support (ECMA/Java-)scripted SVG, I am wondering
whether there are already any examples of inserting R code into SVG
documents (or a Javascript canvas?) either directly, or perhaps more
likely through a JavaScript layer, to dynamically generate graphics or
make them interactive?

I am aware of the excellent packages gridSVG and SVGAnnotation, which
facilitate making R-generated SVG plots more interesting either at
construction time or by postprocessing; the above question is about
employing R at viewing time.

Best wishes

Wolfgang Huber
EMBL