[Rd] R 2.12.0 problems with Windows XP 32-bit binary installer

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Mon Oct 18 02:48:12 CEST 2010

I am having a problem with the installed R 2.12.0 on 32-bit Windows XP machine using the binary version.

The installer I am using is R-2.12.0-win.exe .  The problem I have is that some of my installed packages will not load, in particular PolynomF, which has a pre-compiled .dll.  Other packages such as SOAR, which is pure R, attach and work without a hitch.

The error message I am getting when trying to load PolynomF is a question whether or not the package has been compiled for the present architecture.  (This package works without a hitch on R-2.11.1, for example.)

Is there any significance in the name of the installer now including just "win" rather than "win32", as it was in the last release?

Is it the case that all packages will have to be re-built for the present release?

Bill Venables.