[Rd] Stats not loaded? Method for as.ts() results in error

Janko Thyson janko.thyson at ku-eichstaett.de
Fri Sep 3 11:44:14 CEST 2010

Dear list,

I've got the following problem:

In a package I'm trying to build, there exists a method for the function
"as.ts()". When checking the package, R always throws the error that it
cannot find a function called "as.ts". To me it seems that the package
"stats" (home of "as.ts()") is not loaded during the checking process even
though it's a base package. For testing, I've written a method for "plot()"
to see if it's a general problem with base-functions, but this one passes
just fine.

Did anyone of encounter a similar problem or could help me out with a hint?

Thank you very much,

Janko