[Rd] what is the best way for an external interface to interact with graphics, libraries

ghostwheel lachmann at eva.mpg.de
Tue Sep 7 21:07:40 CEST 2010

Simon Urbanek wrote:

> I don't know the mechanics of the actual "inserting" in TeXmac but it
> would be trivial to simply create a copy of the plot as EPS (or whatever
> is needed) at the time of insertion. See dev.copy2eps() for a function
> that does exactly that.

Great. It works much better than my recordPlot() hack. But it seems to only
work for 'screen devices'. I'd like to be able to work remotely without X11.
Is there any equivalent graphics device that would be copyable with
dev.copy2eps?  Is there any way to tell R give me whatever you have till now
in eps?