[Rd] Problem with WARNING...headers with CRLF line endings

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Sep 13 23:31:24 CEST 2010

On 13 September 2010 at 23:07, cstrato wrote:
| Dear all,
|
| When running R CMD check on Windows XP to test my package I get the
| following warning message:
|
| "* checking line endings in C/C++/Fortran sources/headers ... WARNING
| Found the following sources/headers with CR or CRLF line endings:
|    src/xpsDict.h"
|
| The problem is that this file is created by the compiler AUTOMATICALLY
| during the compilation process, and since the file is created by VC++ on
| WinXP, it will always have CRLF line endings.
|
| Thus my question is:
| - Is it really necessary to issues this warning message?
| - If yes, could it be suppressed on Windows XP, since there it should
| obviously be no problem.
|
| One more issue:
| While I have always received this warning on my WinXP installation, for
| some lucky reason the warning did until now not appear on the
| Bioconductor Windows server, see BioC 2.6 with R-2.11.1:
| http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.6/bioc-LATEST/xps/liverpool-checksrc.html
|
| However, for some reason on BioC 2.7 running R-2.12.0 this warning does
| appear, see:
| http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.7/bioc-LATEST/xps/liverpool-checksrc.html
| For this reason I would  appreciate if there would be a possibility to
| suppress this warning message.

I once had the warning to in project and just added another filtering step
using this

## simple 0d 0a -> 0a converter to suppress a warning on Windows

filename <- commandArgs(trailingOnly=TRUE)[1]
if (!file.exists(filename)) q()

con <- file(filename, "rb")
bin <- readBin(con, raw(), 100000)
bin <- bin[ which(bin != "0d") ]
close(con)

Sys.sleep(1)

con <- file(filename, "wb")
writeBin(bin, con)
close(con)

Maybe you can use something like this and have the generated file transformed.

Dirk