[Rd] Problem with WARNING...headers with CRLF line endings

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Tue Sep 14 02:06:04 CEST 2010

Older versions of Sun C compilers would refuse to
compile code with Windows-style line endings.  I don't
know if that is still the case.  One reason to run check
is to see if there are any platform-dependencies in
code on CRAN so the warning should not be suppressed.

(The S+ package system tries to avoid the problem by changing
line endings on text files when it compiles the package.
It is not trivial to reliably figure out which files are
meant to be text files.)

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com