[Rd] More strange R CMD build/check errors on Windows

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Sep 16 02:21:53 CEST 2010

On 09/14/2010 11:23 AM, Hervé Pagès wrote:
> Hi Uwe,
>
> On 09/14/2010 04:49 AM, Uwe Ligges wrote:
>> Brian had some ideas that the problems are related to the shell that is
>> used. Is the problem still apparent in a very recent R-devel from few
>> days ago? I am just back from vacations and have not updated yet.
>> I experienced the same problems and I am just iterating automatically if
>> typical problems are apparent from the log files. I hope some if not all
>> parts are solved now and will do some new test runs shortly.
>
> Sounds good. I just upgraded to R-2.12 (2010-09-13 r52905) on our 32-bit
> Windows machine and I'll report here tomorrow after the next build run
> has completed. I can already see that this new R solves the issue I
> reported here:
>
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2010-September/058460.html

Not true sorry
(https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2010-September/058530.html)

As for the strange R CMD build/check errors on Windows I still see them.
A sample of Today's Victims:

   R\bin\R.exe CMD build AffyCompatible
   * checking for file 'AffyCompatible/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
   * preparing 'AffyCompatible':
   * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
   * installing the package to re-build vignettes
   * creating vignettes ... ERROR
   Error: ERROR: no packages specified

   R\bin\R.exe CMD build ArrayTools
   * checking for file 'ArrayTools/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
   * preparing 'ArrayTools':
   * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
   * installing the package to re-build vignettes
         -----------------------------------
   Warning: unknown option '-l'
   * checking for file
'E:\biocbld\bbs-2.7-bioc\tmpdir\Rtmpbtur24\Rinst494950ff/DESCRIPTION' ... NO
         -----------------------------------
   ERROR: Installation failed
   Removing installation dir

   R\bin\R.exe CMD build baySeq
   * checking for file 'baySeq/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
   * preparing 'baySeq':
   * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
   * installing the package to re-build vignettes
   * creating vignettes ...Warning in file(con, "r") :
     cannot open file
'E:\biocbld\bbs-2.7-bioc\tmpdir\RtmpKRrdst\xshell4d4a5c70': Permission
denied
   Error in file(con, "r") : cannot open the connection
   Execution halted

   R\bin\R.exe CMD build beadarray
   --> produces no output at all and returns code 0.

etc...

Cheers,
H.

--