[Rd] Matrix install fails because of defunct save in require

Thomas Petzoldt Thomas.Petzoldt at tu-dresden.de
Fri Sep 17 20:18:04 CEST 2010

On 17.09.2010 20:04, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> I'm not sure why end users would be using R-devel rather than R-alpha at
> this point, but I have already changed R-devel to allow Matrix to get
> updated before it fails.

Yes I realized the update and successfully recompiled it. Many thanks.

"End users" or package developers want to keep own packages compatible
with future versions, so maintaining svn syncs is much more efficient
than downloading snapshoots. In the current case it would have been much
easier for me, of course, to go back to an older svn release (as I
sometimes do). However, I felt to be responsible for reporting issues as
contribution to the open source development process.

O.K., I'll wait a little bit longer in the future and many thanks for
developing this great software.

ThPe