[Rd] some problems reported in 00check.log

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 22 11:15:57 CEST 2010

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, carol white wrote:

> Thank you very much Uwe. It works now.
>
> I have a question about pdf formating in pdf manual file:
>
> How to format the long lines which go to the margin? For ex, this
> happens in Usage field if a function has many arguments. Also, it
> happens in examples or Arugment sections when the lines are long.

Correct the sources by re-formatting over-long lines yourself.  (This
should only happen in verbatim-like sections, hence unlikely to happen
in \argument{}.)

One of the things we suggest when checking a package is to read
through the PDF manual, and this is one of the problems to look out
for.  (Note that it does depend on the fonts used for the PDF, but the
default Courier for monospaced text is somewhat wide.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk