[Rd] Incorporate graphic files into R-package

elgorgonzola elgorgonzola at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 16:44:56 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am working on a package which will be used to generate reports using
Sweave. The createReport() function should create a folder and Rnw/tex-files
automatically. The reports should, however, also feature the company logo. I
don't want to have to manually copy the image file into the folder each time
a report is created. I don't know if it is possible or not but I would like
to somehow store the graphic-file within the package and have the
createReport() automatically copy it to the appropriate folder. Does anyone
have an idea how this could be achieved?
I'm thinking of something similar to the way data is stored as a RData-file
in the data-path of a package and is accessed via load() once the package is
loaded.

Thanks in advance and hava a great day.

El