[Rd] Use keep.source for function in package with lazy loading

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Mon Apr 4 21:19:42 CEST 2011

I have a function in one of my packages that I would like to print using the original source rather than the deparse of the function.  The package uses lazy loading and the help page for library (under keep.source) says that keep.source does not apply to packages that use lazy loading and that whether those functions keep the source depends on when they are installed.

This package is on R-forge and is being built there (and will eventually be used to submit the next version of the package to CRAN).

I am not sure what the help means by 'installed', I have set the options to keep the source to TRUE before calling install.package, but that does not seem to work.

Is there a way to "strongly encourage" the source to be kept for this function (or the entire package)?

Thanks,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center