[Rd] How to debug reference classes?

A Zege andre.zege at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:38:12 CEST 2011

Thank you very much, gentlemen. It seems reference classes will make my life
much easier. I won't pretend that i fully understand the wizardry with
environments that you do, but it works :). Namely the steps to mtrace a
class method by doing what John and Mark outlined
   xx$edit<-xx$edit
   mtrace(edit, from=xx)
   xx$edit(1,1,99)

do the magic of starting mtrace which solves my problem for practical
purposes. I was not able to make the second part of prescription related to
debugging unconstructed objects work. Namely, whenever i do

 mtrace( edit, from=mEditor$def at refMethods)

I get
Error in parent.env(from) : the empty environment has no parent. Must be
doing something wrong, but haven't yet figured what.