[Rd] R fails on Windows 2008 Server

Shawna JOB shawna.job at state.or.us
Mon Apr 18 18:53:08 CEST 2011

Does anyone have any pointers on troubleshooting an R installation on a Windows 2008 server?  I had it running on a Windows 2003 server after many permissions updates to the server, but I'm stumped on getting it to run on 2008.

--The error I'm getting when I run the StatConnector Test is:
Initializing R...Function call failed
  Code: -2147221485
  Text: installation problem: unable to load connector
Releasing StatConnector Server...Done

--With a popup that just says:   "Method '~' of object '~' failed"

--I've run through all the documented troubleshooting I can find - no change.   I've verified the %R_HOME%, registry key corresponding to your R installation, and %PATH% mentioned in the documentation already.
--I've also tried reinstalling from scratch twice just in case.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Shawna Job
Sr. Systems Analyst
PSOB Desk: 971-673-0128