[Rd] Front ends handling help.search() results?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 14:03:48 CEST 2011

On 11-07-31 10:34 AM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> On Saturday 30 July 2011, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>> I have not committed this code yet, because the new types of entries
>> could mess up existing front ends and I wanted to give people some
>> warning.  I expect I'll commit (to R-devel only) within a day or two.
>
> Many thanks for the warning! I have added (untested) support for the new
> result types in RKWard.

I've just committed the changes to R-devel.  Let me know if there is
anything worse than what I described.

There were a lot of changes to the display of links in help.search() and
related results, and it's possible I got some of them wrong.  (They are
tricky because we still try to support static help, but I don't have
that installed and haven't tested it.)  Please let me know if you come
across any broken links that look like they are in base R.

Duncan Murdoch