[Rd] Rd2pdf and Rd2dvi don't find texi2dvi

kryberg kryberg at live.com
Fri Aug 26 23:50:48 CEST 2011

Did you every find a resolution to this?  I have the exact same problem and
have had no success solving it.  I'd like to know your solution if you found
one.

In R
system("texi2dvi --version")
texi2dvi (GNU Texinfo 4.8) 1.34

There is NO warranty.  You may redistribute this software
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.

At the command prompt

% texi2dvi --version
texi2dvi (GNU Texinfo 4.8) 1.34

There is NO warranty.  You may redistribute this software
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.

I can use Sweave and create LaTeX documents outside of R.  But R CMD chekc
pkgname gives me

Re-running with no redirection of stdout/stderr.
Hmm ... looks like a package
Error in texi2dvi("Rd2.tex", pdf = (out_ext == "pdf"), quiet = FALSE,  :
  pdflatex is not available
Error in running tools::texi2dvi
You may want to clean up by 'rm -rf
/var/folders/We/Wevm0EqRHPC3qT+IfM76U+eiwUY/-Tmp-//RtmpuP3CAs/Rd2pdf626fdc61'

texi2dvi is in my PATH at /usr/bin/texi2dvi

R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)
Mac OS X version 10.6.8