[Rd] bug in sum() on integer vector

John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Wed Dec 14 22:16:31 CET 2011

I agree that where the overflow occurs is not critical (one can go back to cumsum and find
out). I am assuming that Uwe still wants to know there has been an overflow at some point
i.e., a warning. This could become more "interesting" as parallel computation causes
different summation orderings on sums of large numbers of items.

JN