[Rd] Undocumented functions

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:08:11 CET 2011

Use namespaces and only export the functions at the user level. The
rest will be hidden in the namespace and doesn't require a help page.
See 'Package Namespaces' in the manual Writing R Extensions.

Cheers

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Nicola Sturaro Sommacal
<mailinglist at nicolasturaro.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am building a package. This package will not submitted to CRAN.
>
> I write the help files for the most important functions of my package, I
> cannot write it for all functions. This may sounds strange, but so there!
>
> I know that all user-level functions should be documented, so I have to
> move my undocumented functions to a non-user-level. It's right?
>
> To move my functions to a non-user-level I can write them as hidden
> functions, with a dot before the names. This require a very long check of
> my code to change the call to the function preceding it by a dot. So, this
> is not a real choice.
> There are other way to reach my purpose?
>
> Thank you very much for help.
>
> Sincerely,
> Nicola

Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Ghent University
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Department of Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-Informatics

tel : +32 9 264 59 87
Joris.Meys at Ugent.be