[Rd] Creating a reference class object from a class definition in a package fails

John Chambers jmc at r-project.org
Fri Feb 4 01:48:58 CET 2011

Yes, as noted in my previous mail, which crossed yours.  If you included
the TestClass  in a code_file= in the package skeleton, the default
NAMESPACE file from package.skeleton() will do that for you:

exportPattern("^[[:alpha:]]+")
exportClasses(
     "TestClass"

It's certainly true that _if_ you have a namespace file, reference
classes (and all other classes) and generator objects have to be
exported to be used outside the package.  Still not quite clear, though,
why _any_ namespace file is needed.

Thanks for the catch.

John