[Rd] using rasterImage within image

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 03:51:57 CET 2011

Hello,

There's a problem for rasterImage when used in SDI mode in Windows,
which may be worth considering.

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2010-July/008820.html

I had off-list emails with Duncan Murdoch and Paul Murrell about this
and they determined that it was in SDI only, and there's still no
resolution for it as far as I know.  I checked in the latest dev build
of 2.13.0 2011-02-04 r54221 just in case.

This has been in use in the derived function
image.SpatialGridDataFrame in the sp package since rasterImage was
released, the sp function incorporates a warning for users in SDI
mode.

Cheers, Mike.