[Rd] using rasterImage within image

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 14 18:44:10 CET 2011

On 14 February 2011 18:26, Ben Bolker <bbolker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul Murrell <p.murrell <at> auckland.ac.nz> writes:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> On 12/02/2011 7:22 p.m., Michael Sumner wrote:
>> > Hello, that appears to have fixed it. Thank you very much.
>> >
>> > I can now repeat the reported workflow and the image appears on the
>> > fifth (and subsequent) calls.
>>
>> Great. Thanks for checking.
>>
>> Paul
>>

>  That's great.
>
>  Just a little bump: I would encourage Simon (in his copious spare
> time), or other interested members of R-core, to decide on a good
> name for the argument (as a reminder, I prefer 'method=c("raster","image")').
> Furthermore, I would strongly encourage that "raster" be made the default
> behavior for the development release of R ...

Seconded.

Also, I haven't had any comment on my suggestion, so I was wondering
if Grid graphics are meant to be left out of this question. Having
each package that uses Grid graphics implement its own version of
imageGrob() (e.g. lattice, ggplot2, RGraphics, gridExtra) with
optional use of raster format is probably not a very desirable
situation.

Best regards,

baptiste