[Rd] Google Summer of Code 2011

Prof. John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Tue Feb 15 13:16:29 CET 2011

The 2011 Google Summer of Code will soon be open for organizations to submit potential
projects for which students may apply (with detailed plans) for funding. We have some
proposals in process at

http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=developers:projects:gsoc2011

Note that projects do need to have mentors. Google has so far had a 1 mentor per project
policy, but informally there have been support teams.

Claudia Beleites and I are also administering the gsoc-r discussion on google groups
mentioned at the bottom of the page linked above. Thanks to Dirk E. who has run this up to
now and passed the torch to us.

John Nash