[Rd] debugger() fails if "..." in function arguments

Charles Roosen croosen at mango-solutions.com
Fri Feb 18 11:24:43 CET 2011

Dear all,

I'm having a problem with debugger() in both R 2.8.0 and R 2.12.0.
Probably also versions in-between.

I don't see it logged in the bug database, but it's hard for me to
imagine that no-one else has encountered it.  So my question is whether
it's a known problem with a workaround, or do I log it as a new problem?

The situation is that if I use "options(error=dump.frames)" and then use
"debugger()", it fails if there's "..." in the function arguments.
Repro and version info below.

Thanks,
Charlie Roosen

> myFunc <- function(a,b,...) {d <- a+b; stop("")}
> options(error=dump.frames)
> myFunc(1,2)
Error in myFunc(1, 2) :

> debugger()
Message:  Error in myFunc(1, 2) :
Available environments had calls:
1: myFunc(1, 2)
2: stop("")

Enter an environment number, or 0 to exit  Selection: 1
Error in get(.obj, envir = dump[[.selection]]) :
  argument "..." is missing, with no default

> version
               _
platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          12.0
year           2010
month          10
day            15
svn rev        53317
language       R
version.string R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)

Charles Roosen, PhD
Technical Director

T: +41 (0)61 206 92 91
M: +41 (0)79 248 70 71
F: +41 (0) 61 206 92 99

www.mango-solutions.com

Mango Solutions AG
Aeschenvorstadt 36
4051 Basel
Switzerland

 image002

LEGAL NOTICE
This message is intended for the use o...{{dropped:10}}