[Rd] Ignoring .Rprofile when installing a package

Jon Clayden jon.clayden at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 13:12:38 CET 2011

I would also be interested in knowing what the rationale is for this.

Moreover, it seems that the "standard" (and documented) approach to
this of calling "options(defaultPackages=c(...))" in ~/.Rprofile does
not get ignored when installing. The environment variable approach may
work, but it seems to me that this requires some (educated) guesswork.
Could R CMD INSTALL not ignore the default packages option?

Regards,
Jon