[Rd] Using src/ to create executable - how to not build shared objects?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Mon Feb 21 09:14:20 CET 2011

Hi.

I can use the src/ directory to create executable, cf. Section
'Package subdirectories' in 'Writing R Extensions":

"A few packages use the src directory for purposes other than making a
shared object (e.g. to create executables). Such packages should have
files src/Makefile and src/Makefile.win (unless intended for only
Unix-alikes or only Windows)."

When doing this, how can I turn off the building of the shared objects
that are created under libs/<arch>/?  Currently they end up in the
built package binaries, e.g. *.zip and *.tgz.

Thanks,

Henrik