[Rd] Error in tools::build Vignettes (dir = ".")

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 19:42:34 CET 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, Thomas Roth wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> Recently i changed my environment switching from 32bit XP to 64bit W7. I'm
> trying to rebuild my package with R 2.12.1 (2010-12-16)
>
> R CMD check --> everything ok, no warning, error nothing
>
> BUT
>
> R CMD build --> Error in tools::build Vignettes (dir = ".") : Execution of
> make failed  (translated output)

I presume you mean tools::buildVignettes, no space.

> However, if i take the commands from the makefile, they all work out fine.
> Any hints?

Well, normally the system gives you some output before that message.
All you need to do is to cd to your package's inst/doc directory, run
'make' and see what is reported.  This doesn't look like an R issue,
more to do with your Makefile or your environment.

> Best Whishes,
>
> Thomas
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Please do review the posting guide and not send HTML when explicitly
asked not to.