[Rd] error in memCompress() in make check

Petr Savicky savicky at cs.cas.cz
Tue Feb 22 17:40:11 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 01:38:07PM +0100, Petr Savicky wrote:
> The commands
>
>   txt <- readLines(file.path(R.home("doc"), "COPYING"))
>   txt.xz <- memCompress(txt, "x")
>
> do not produce an error, if the compiled R runs in the same shell,
> where "make check" was run. However, they produce the error, if R is
> started in a new shell.

Athough i did see the above two lines with no error on my screen, the
change of the behavior is not reproducible. I am sorry, i probably
mixed up windows or something.

According to a repeated test, the above two lines produce the error

  Error in memCompress(txt, "x") : internal error 5 in memCompress

on the machine described in the first email, even if --with-system-xz=no
was used for configuration.

Petr Savicky.