[Rd] Sexpr problem

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 14:51:34 CET 2011

On 25/02/2011 12:16 AM, robin hankin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am having difficulty  making \Sexpr work as desired.
>   Specifically, the pdf and the text  versions of the help system
> differ, and I can't reproduce the example on page 63 of
> the R Journal article by  Murdoch and Urbanek (Vol 1/2,
> December 2009).
>
> Is there an example package that I could examine for Best Practice?

We use \Sexpr in only a couple of places currently:  in the NEWS.Rd
files (which are treated differently than other .Rd files), and in the
tools package where it is illustrated (see ?tools::Rd2HTML; the last few
lines of the note are generated using \Sexpr).

If you put together a simple .Rd file that shows the difference you're
seeing, I'll take a look.

Duncan Murdoch