[Rd] RPostgreSQL 0.1.7 for Windows 64 causes R.2.12.1 Win64 crash

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 17 15:10:57 CET 2011

On 16 January 2011 at 23:00, Xiaobo Gu wrote:
| Is it because of compiler campsites between R and PostgreSQL, R is
| compiled by GCC, while PostgreSQL from Enterprise DB is compiled by
| Microsoft Visual C ++.

So the usual recommendation is to build the matching library (here libpq)
with the same compiler, or get the commercial support you are paying for to
do it for you.

For what it is worth, I deal with one vendor at work where I made that
requirement and they had no issue complying / helping me with a MinGW /
Rtools-compatible library.  One of several reasons I like working with that
vendor.

Dirk