[Rd] naresid.exclude query

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 13:06:52 CET 2011

There was a reason for that line, as running 'make check' with your
modification would have shown you.  Sometimes naresid() is called with
x=NULL.   AFAICS replacing the test with is.null(x) suffices, and I'm
testing that in R-devel.  If nothing else comes up I will port it to
R-patched later.

Note that R's own code does not AFAIR call these functions when
predicting with 'newdata', and a fit with all cases omitted would not
be very interesting so it is unsurprising no one noticed for >8 years.