[Rd] Manipulating single-precision (float) arrays in .Call functions

Alireza Mahani alireza.s.mahani at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 00:15:22 CEST 2011

Duncan,

Thank you for your reply. This is a rather unfortunate limitation, because
for large data sizes there is a significant difference between the
performance of '.C' and '.Call'. I will have to do some tests to see what
sort of penalty I incur for copying from double to float inside my C++ code
(so I can use '.Call'). I won't be able to use memset(); rather, I have to
have an explicit loop and use casting. Is there a more efficient option?

-Alireza