[Rd] Start-up messages when Importing from a package

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Mon Jul 25 10:49:29 CEST 2011

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> The message is from maptools (as it says), not sp.

Thank you very much prof. Ripley for pointing out my error.

> No, there is nothing you can do when dependent packages put out
> messages.  You could ask the maintainer not to put the message out when
> rgeos is available ....

I'll try.

All the best,

Mauricio

FLOODS Action
Land Management and Natural Hazards Unit
European Commission, Joint Research Centre (JRC)
webinfo    : http://floods.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
DISCLAIMER:
"The views expressed are purely those of the writer
and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating
an official position of the European Commission."
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469
"There is only one pretty child in the world,
and every mother has it."
(Chinese Proverb)