[Rd] Require of gWidgetsRGtk2 fails: RGtk2.dll can't be found, but it's there

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 10 14:36:29 CEST 2011

It is a Microsoft error message, so your Windows is translating it,
not R.  It does say 'The specified module' in English Windows, without
saying who specified the module (but it does often produce a popup
naming the module).

I've no better idea what your problem is: the @ReadMe instructions
work for me, Uwe on winbuilder and in our teaching lab (and the advice
in RGtk2 does not).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk