[Rd] How to add a welcome message in Package development?

Nipesh Bajaj bajaj141003 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 20:54:39 CEST 2011

Dear all, it is my first post in R-devel list, and hope that this is
the right place to ask question related to package development.

I have created my first package in Windows through the usual route.
Now I want to add some ***Welcome message*** as soon as user loads my
package into their R console, using library() function. However I
could not figure out where and how should I add this functionality in
entire package development procedure, and the "Writing R Exts"
document also seem to be mum on this issue.

Can somebody help me how to add this functionality in the development
route of package. I believe this is possible as in many existing
packages that functionality is present.

Thanks,