[Rd] Wishlist: write R's bin path to the PATH variable and remove the version string in the installation dir under Windows

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Wed May 4 17:38:55 CEST 2011

In terms of a personal use, that is absolutely fine. From the
perspective of a developer, you cannot stop a user from upgrading to
newer versions. Perhaps it is a matter of personal taste; I'm worried
more about adapting to latest versions than maintaining old versions.
If the new versions works fine, I will remove all the old versions. I
have never run into troubles in which I have no choice but to use the
old version of R.

Regards,
Yihui
--