[Rd] How to create vignette.pdf for R-2.13.0?

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Sun May 8 22:19:51 CEST 2011

Dear Herve,

In my initial mail:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2011-April/060688.html
I wrote: "While R CMD check and R CMD INSTALL have always created the
vignettes on R-2.12.1 or any earlier versions of R, I am no longer able
to build the vignettes on R-2.13.0."

Although I made the mistake to include R CMD INSTALL, I wanted simply to
know why R CMD check suddenly (after all these years) does no longer
build the pdf-versions of the vignettes.

After many replies and discussions Prof. Ripley gave finally the answer:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2011-May/060782.html

I understand the reason for this and made the suggestion to include an
option such as "--no-clean-vignettes" to R CMD check, since this would
be a convenient option for me:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2011-May/060797.html

Best regards
Christian