[Rd] IDWT - Inverse Discrete Wavelet Transform

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:46:16 CEST 2011

ruoccoma <ruoccoma <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I am not expert in wavelet.
> i am working with a discrete dataset in 3D. I applied the D4 wavelet
> transform to each dimension sequentially. I made some analysis in the
> transformed space and i detected some interesting vowel.
>
> My question is. How is it possible to map a 3d coordinate in the transformed
> space to the related coordinate in the 3d original dataset? (i think that
> probably one (x,y,z point in the 3d transformed space will be related
> probably with 8 vowels in the orginal one...))
>
> Thanks in advance for the help
>
> Massimiliano

  As written, this is a wavelet question, not an R one ... it's
possible that you will get help, but if you don't it's because
you're asking in the wrong place (i.e. on an R-help list). Also,
if you do choose to continue asking on R lists, you should ask
on r-help (the general help list) rather than here (r-devel, the
list for r development).

  It would increase your chances a lot if you specified what you
were doing (at a minimum, which contributed packages you are using --
as far as I know there is know wavelet capability in base R -- and
probably which particular functions from those packages).  It would
be best if you could provide a reproducible question -- although I
recognize that could be difficult in this case.

  You might also try stackoverflow.com or stackexchange.com

  good luck
     Ben Bolker