[Rd] How to test package on Solaris

William Revelle lists at revelle.net
Thu Nov 3 14:54:36 CET 2011

Dear R developers,

Is there a way to pretest a package on the Solaris-sparc and solaris-x86 systems equivalent to the win-builder check?

My psych package (1.1.10 and 1.1.11) passes all checks for the Mac on my system, on the win-builder checking system supported by Uwe, and then passes Kurt's tests to install on CRAN.  But it then fails when being built for the solaris systems.

Rather than burden Kurt and Uwe and the whole CRAN distribution process with frequent attempts to fix the problem, it would be preferable if I could pretest on a solaris system and then upload the final result.

I note from reading past queries to the list that this question has been asked before and the solution seems to have been some nice soul  volunteering to test a particular package.  A more general solution would seem preferred, if this is possible.

Thanks.

Bill

William Revelle		           http://personality-project.org/revelle.html
Professor			           http://personality-project.org