[Rd] NAMESPACE file generation issue R 2.14.0 on Debian Squeeze

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Nov 8 16:36:26 CET 2011

On 08.11.2011 16:31, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> 2011/11/8 Uwe Ligges<ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>:
>> I think many people like to help, but we cannot:
>>
>> You say you are under R-2.14.0 and whn you R CMD INSTALL a package with that
>> version of R, it does not have a NAMESPACE in the end?
>> Then
>>
>>   - your R installation is broken or
>>   - you are looking into a library where you have old versios of the packages
>> or
>>   - you belive you are using R-2.14.0 but you are actually using an older
>> version.
>>

> This is even reproduced on CRAN.  All platforms work except one:
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_sqldf.html

No, that one is completely unrelated (and already solved, but not yet
synced to CRAN master) to the original question you have removed in your
reply.

The essential part of the question was: "However, when I did it on my
Debian Squeeze box under R 2.14.0, it failed." and it does not fail
under any R-2.14.0 if you look at the page you cited above.

Best,
Uwe Ligges