[Rd] NAMESPACE file generation issue R 2.14.0 on Debian Squeeze

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:56:58 CET 2011

2011/11/8 Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>:

> On 08.11.2011 17:04, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

>>> No, that one is completely unrelated (and already solved, but not yet
>>> synced
>>> to CRAN master) to the original question you have removed in your reply.
>>>

>> OK.  One would have thought that the checks on CRAN would be
>> consistent with the package pages which link to them.
>
> I only see consistent information on that page.

If you go to:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/sqldf/index.html

then the tar.gz file was created using R-2.14.0 but if you then click
on the  check results  link on the same page it takes you to this:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_sqldf.html

On the last link on that page it says ERROR and if click on that it
takes you to the output of the check which reveals that it was run
with R 2.13.2.

The Version column on check_results_sqldf.html page refers to the
package's version, not the R version.  To get the R version you must
know to click on each link.

If its feasible in terms of effort and run time to add the R version
used in a column on the check_results_sqldf.html page then that would
make the summary page more useful since it would be immediately
apparent not only what version of the package is being used but also
what version of R is being used in each case.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com