[Rd] Define S4 methods for 'plot'

Kevin R. Coombes kevin.r.coombes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:49:56 CET 2011

You probably need the directive
     importFrom(graphics, "plot")
in your NAMESPACE file.  This lets the system know that you are using
the same "plot" function that it already knows about. And your code
should be careful not to trash a previous conversion of plot to an S4
generic function, usually by something like

    if (!isGeneric("plot"))
      setGeneric("plot", function(x, y, ...) standardGeneric("plot"))

Best,
     Kevin