[Rd] cygwin R-2.14.0 build fail

marco atzeri marco.atzeri at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 22:08:38 CET 2011

On 11/16/2011 9:32 PM, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> The failures are *not* minor. Please don't distribute an R linked to a
> broken BLAS library. Those tests are not for fun: they came from real
> errors on real problems.

Dear Brian,
I am reasonable sure that the cygwin blas library are fine, have
you any evidence that they are broken ?

The R test log just reports an issue handling NA that could be
related to cygwin difference to others platform.
I already noted similar difference on cygwin octave package.

Here is the log:
 > ## PR#4582 %*% with NAs
 > stopifnot(is.na(NA %*% 0), is.na(0 %*% NA))
 > ## depended on the BLAS in use.
 >

 > ## found from fallback test in slam 0.1-15
 > ## most likely indicates an inaedquate BLAS.
 > x <- matrix(c(1, 0, NA, 1), 2, 2)
 > y <- matrix(c(1, 0, 0, 2, 1, 0), 3, 2)
 > (z <- tcrossprod(x, y))
[1,]   NA   NA    0
[2,]    2    1    0
 > stopifnot(identical(z, x %*% t(y)))
Error: identical(z, x %*% t(y)) is not TRUE
Execution halted
tests/reg-BLAS.Rout.fail (END)