[Rd] "What Calls What" diagram. Flow Chart?

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 17:31:20 CEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 5:29 PM,  <Mark.Bravington at csiro.au> wrote:
> Hi Paul
>
> Have you tried
>
> mvbutils::foodweb( where=asNamespace( 'lavaan'))
>
> (assuming lavaan has a namespace, otherwise where='package:lavaan')?
>
> Sounds like it's what you're after--
>
> Mark

Thanks, Mark. The foodweb graph for lavaan is a bit overwhelming.

The graph shows everything it finds that might be called any time, it
doesn't help me trace the path of a specific user call to a particular
function. So I'm not entirely sure it is doing what I hope for.

While matching the graph against the source code, it seems to me some
R language idioms can confuse/break the foodweb.  When eval is called
on a string object, then I think function calls can escape detection.
In the cfa example code I put in the original post, the function
"lavaan" is called by eval, and as far as I can tell in the foodweb
output, that connection is not found.

I'm still studying your package, of course, but here's (I think) an
example, I know "cfa" does call "lavaan" though eval, but this code

library(lavaan)
library(mvbutils)
mvbutils::foodweb( where=asNamespace( 'lavaan'))

myfw <- mvbutils::foodweb( where=asNamespace( 'lavaan'))

callers.of("lavaan", myfw)

> [1] "independence.model"      "independence.model.fit"
[3] "independence.model.fit2" "setLavaanOptions"

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science