[Rd] how to make a true binary package?

A Zege andre.zege at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 19:09:23 CEST 2011

OK, gentlemen, i agree with you in general. I was not talking about a general
purpose, general use package that one prepares for CRAN. I am sure you are
familiar professionally or can imagine situations where you need to
demonstrate a solution to a specific task without fully disclosing the
details -- sometimes even hard core open source adherents need to sacrifice
desire for openness for some prosaic purposes, like getting paid :).
Compilable languages give an easy solution of a binary code. It sounds like
if one wants true binary, he has to recode in C++. I thought it's possible
in R as well, i thought this was discussed even as a default behavior for
next version of R to make stuff go faster. Maybe not. Thanks, anyway.