[Rd] gettext domain and namespaces

Milan Bouchet-Valat nalimilan at club.fr
Mon Oct 10 18:38:28 CEST 2011

Hi!

I thought having a NAMESPACE file in an R package was enough to pass the
correct 'domain' argument to gettext(), but it can't get this to work
with a Rcommander plugin I'm developing[1]. Is that a know bug? Or is
this related to the fact that Rcmdr does some black magic when loading
plugins?

I know my PO files are correctly named since Rcmdr is able to show
translated strings in the menus it loads from my package (using domain
R-$PACKAGE). What can I to to debug this further?

Thanks for your help.

1: https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/rcmdr-tms/