[Rd] trace an Rd conversion error in R cmd check

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:24:25 CEST 2011

Hi All,

Apologies if this is a very naive question.  Is there a way to see the
particular Rd file being processed right before a warning/error
occurs?  As far as I can tell, all my .Rd files use have names and
titles and they are unique between Rd files (sometimes in a file I use
something like \name{foo} \title{Foo}).  I seem to be able to convert
files to latex using: R CMD Rdconv --type=latex on all my Rd files
without problems.

Here is the warning and error:

* checking PDF version of manual ... ERROR
Rd conversion errors:
Warning in file(con, "r") :
  file("") only supports open = "w+" and open = "w+b": using the former
Error : : Sections \title, and \name must exist and be unique in Rd files

I am using:

R Under development (unstable) (2011-10-11 r57214)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
on Windows 7 with Rtools 2.14 and MikTeX 2.9

Any suggestions or pointers to manuals/documentation would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

--