[Rd] trace an Rd conversion error in R cmd check

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:45:58 CEST 2011

Thanks to Drs. Murdoch and Ripley for your fast and helpful replies.
I did not realize that R CMD check was R code, so that was incredibly
useful.

I spent the morning working on debugging this, and I think I must have
messed up setting up the Windows tool chain, because I get the error
even when running R CMD check on other packages (e.g., MASS).  I am
still not sure what exactly I am missing/setup incorrectly.  R
compiled from source and passed make check all without any trouble.  I
can install packages, and I can make PDFs using tools:::..Rd2pdf, but
when I try to use Rd2pdf on a package instead of specific files I get
the error.

Looking at the R code for CMD check helped me better understand the
process and I will just work with my tool chain until I get things
working.

Thanks again!

Josh