[Rd] No R-2.14 beta executable for windows?

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Wed Oct 19 22:13:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 11-10-18 11:24 PM, peter dalgaard wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2011, at 07:52 , Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
>
>> The link to the installer exe here:
>>
>> http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/windows/base/rtest.html
>>
>> ...has been broken for a couple days....?
>>

> Looks like a local mirroring issue, CRAN master works, so does the .dk mirror.

Not just us. Try this mirror for example:

   http://cran.freestatistics.org//bin/windows/base/rtest.html

and there are others.

Ours did get the new R-2.14 beta executable during the last rsync
though (which happened last night around 2 am Seattle time).

> Getting cutting-edge test releases from a mirror is a bit of a contradiction in terms anyways, because of the mirroring delays.

Well, I guess for most people lagging 24h behind is still good
enough "cutting-edge-ness".

Thanks,
H.

--