[Rd] R CMD check and error in an \Sexpr in an Rd file

Renaud Gaujoux renaud at mancala.cbio.uct.ac.za
Fri Oct 28 16:49:03 CEST 2011

Hi,

another Rd related issue I encountered is that if an error occurs in an
\Sexpr in an Rd file, then on get the following error:

* checking for portable compilation flags in Makevars ... OK
* checking for portable use of $(BLAS_LIBS) and $(LAPACK_LIBS) ... OK
* checking examples ... ERROR
Error in paste(before, x, after, sep = "") : object 'exfile' not found
Execution halted

To reproduce, put a call like this in an Rd section:

\Sexpr[results=verbatim, stage=render]{x <- 1; stop("sexpr error")}

The strange thing is that it occurs at the example checking step.
Not sure why it does not break before.

Thank you.

Renaud

PS: I am on R version 2.13.2 (2011-09-30) - x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

--
Renaud Gaujoux
Computational Biology - University of Cape Town